Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Peacock Feather Earrings Tutorial


I am a little behind with these earrings, but I still wanted to share this easy tutorial!  I bought the supplies to make these earrings probably over a year ago.  When I had a break from all my craft projects, I realized I had never gotten around to making these peacock feather earrings!
Supplies Needed:
2 feathers of your choice
2 earring hooks
2 clear beads
4 crimp beads
Beadalon wire
2 crimp ends

Tools:
Wire Cutter
Crimper
Scissors


Directions:
Step 1: Cut the feathers down to the size you want.


Step 2: Pull off any excess strands.


Step 3: Put your crimp end on the top of the feather.  Using your crimper tool, smash it down.


Step 4: String your wire through the crimp end.



Step 5: String one crimp bead on the wire.


Step 6: Using your crimper tool, smash your crimp bead.


Step 7: String on your clear bead.


Step 8: String on your second crimp bead and your earring hook.


Step 9: Fold your wire and string it back through the second crimp bead.  Be sure to pull it tight.


Step 10: Using your crimper tool, smash your second crimp bead.  Cut off the excess wire with your wire cutters.


Step 11: Repeat with your second earring!

Enjoy your super easy feather earrings.  There are endless possibilities as to what you can do with the different types of feathers and beads out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...