Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Handmade Gift Ideas Day 2

Monogrammed Bucket
I needed a small, but personal gift idea for my helper at dance.  When I saw these buckets at a local craft store (Dee's: my favorite!), I knew it would be perfect!

Supplies Needed:
Small Metal Bucket
Vinyl
Coordinating Ribbons (thin width)
Scissors
Cricut Machine (optional)




Step 1: Using your Cricut machine cut out the initials.  I used the Lyrical Letters Cartridge.
Remember when cutting the letters, the last name is larger and placed in the center.  While her initials are A.K.T., they will be placed as A.T.K.
If you do not have a Cricut machine, you can find a font on your computer and print out the letter on a piece of plain paper.  Overlap the printed paper with the vinyl sheet and carefully cut out the letter.
This is just as cute, but takes a little bit longer to do. 


Below are my cut out letters.  I took a small pair of scissors and trimmed up the rough edges.


Step 2: Peel off the backing of the vinyl and properly place them on the bucket.


Step 3: Cut the ribbon in various lengths (around 4-6 inches).  Cut the edges in a diagonal to prevent fraying.


Step 4: Tie the ribbons in double knots on the handles.  Be sure to push the ribbons together as close as possible.


Keep tying the ribbons until the handle is completely covered.


If there are any ribbons that are too long you can trim them now.


Repeat on the other handle until finished.


You may now fill up your bucket with any gift you want.  I put some Christmas themed cake pops in mine.


Enjoy your buckets!







1 comment:

Thanks for your comments! I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...