Monday, May 21, 2012

Welcome To Our Lake House Sign


Summer has begun! It's the best time of the year with many trips to the lake, swimming, recital, my birthday :), and more time to hang with friends and family!

I was asked to redo this metal sign that has not kept up with the weather.  Since the paper didn't hold up the last time, I knew I didn't want to use too much this time.



Here are the supplies I used.  The pearl and metallic paints from the Martha Stewart collection are a great way to add some character with paint!



It took a while to strip the metal sign because the paper was on pretty securely.  Goo Gone eventually got the sticky paper off.



After the sign was blank, I painted a layer of gold.  Over this I painted a layer of pearl white.  I kept this coat of paint thin, because I wanted the gold to shine through.


I then tried to distress the edges by sanding them down.


Using my Cricut, I cut out letters that read "Welcome to our Lake House."  The word cabin didn't really fit so I changed it!


Using mod podge, I attached the letters to the sign.  I wanted it to look similar, so I curved the word "Welcome."



This sign will look perfect at the lake and hopefully withstand the weather better!  This will be great for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...