Thursday, July 5, 2012

Barn Yard First Birthday: Party Hat

This party hat was an adorable match to the barn yard overalls and bunting I created!



I began this hat by ironing the denim and white fabric to a thick, fusible stabilizer.

Using this pattern, I cut the hat shape out.


I then cut the yellow gingham circle and the red felt 1.


Here are all my fabric pieces.


i found it easiest to sew the 1 first, close to the edges.


Then pin the gingham circle to the center of the party hat.


Using the zig zag stitch, sew a circle around the edge of the yellow gingham fabric.


I then pinned ric-rac around the bottom edge of the hat.



Sew down the ric-rac.

Turn the hat inside out and sew the seam where the two straight edges meet.



If you end with frayed edges on the ric-rac, glue them to the inside of the hat.


To finish the hat, turn it inside out and glue white cord elastic to the inside.  To give this a finished look, glue a piece of white felt over the elastic.



I loved this barn yard party!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...