Friday, February 17, 2012

Dance Costume Top Tutorial

This is the top to go with my tutu shorts tutorial!

Materials Needed:
Black Bra Top (I got a halter style)
Red Tulle
Black Tulle
Red thread and needle
Scissors
Metal Clip or Rubberband
Rhinestones (optional)
E6000 Glue (optional)

Directions:
Step 1: Cut the tulle in various lengths ranging from 20 inches to 30 inches.


Step 2: Tie the tulle together with a rubberband about 6 inches away from the top.  You could also use a clip.



Step 3: Using your needle and thread, sew through the tulle.  Wrap the thread around the tulle two times to create a tight bunch.  


Step 4: Place the gathered tulle on the bra top in the desired location.  I put it on the dancer's right side.  Using the needle sew down through the bra top and up wrapping around the tulle several times.  I did this about five times to make sure it was secure.  Tie a knot on the inside of the bra top and cut off the extra thread.


Step 5: Glue the rhinestones to the top of the bra top.  I used 17 rhinestones.  To make these evenly spaced, I glued the two edges and the center rhinestone first.  I then filled the center of those.  Continue to do so until there are no more remaining gaps.


Enjoy your tutu top!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...