Monday, June 11, 2012

The Little Mermaid Dance Recital Gifts


This year for recital we did the Little Mermaid as our huge ballet production!  We had a lot of fun dancing "Under the Sea" and choreographing our mermaid inspired dances!  Each year I like to get something little for all of my girls for their hard work all year.  I always am looking out for cute favors that match our ballet theme.

These gum ball tubes were perfect and so easy to customize!


I began by cutting tags out of cardstock with my Cricut machine.



I then printed Jessica Weible's mermaid clipart on white cardstock.


Using my paper cutter, I cut each mermaid out in a rectangle shape.



Using tape dots, tape the mermaids to the purple tags.

Wrap the curling ribbon around the tube, through the hole, and tie a double knot.  You want the knot large enough so that it does not go through the hole.

Using scissors, curl the ribbon.


The tubes held 8 gum balls and I wanted these to be similar to Ariel's top and tail.  This is why I used only 3 purples for her small shells and 5 for her longer tail.


Here is the complete mermaid gum ball favor!  I love them!


I did my other classes a little bit differently.

These stickers came from Tiny Prints!  They sent me an email with a $20 free credit to use and I thought these were adorable!  There are many options to choose from and you can personalize them however you want.



Put the stickers in the center of the tags.


Punch a hole at the top of the tag.


Wrap the curling ribbon around the tube, through the hole, and tie a double knot.  You want the knot large enough so that it does not go through the hole.

Using scissors, curl the ribbon.

The purple and pink gum balls were for one of my jazz classes.


The red, white, and blue gum balls were for my sailors.


The red and white gum balls were for my little crabs.



Here are all of my gum ball favors!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...