Friday, March 23, 2012

Tulle Dance Top Tutorial

This top went with the tulle heart bow I posted last week.  My soloist wore this with a tutu and silver booty shorts.  I wanted something that went across here belly so it wasn't completely bare.  The tulle was a great addition and helped tie into her song, "Warm It Up With Love."


Supplies Needed:
Silver Dance Bra Top
3 1/2 feet of Red Tulle
Red Thread and Needle
2 Plastic Heart decoration (from Michael's)
2 Bar Pin Backs
Hot Glue Gun
Scissors


Directions:
Step 1: I measured the tulle to hang in the back about 10 inches below where the strap ended.  With a needle and thread, gather and sew the tulle on both ends of the strap.


Step 2:  Using the hot glue gun, glue the hearts to the bar pin backs.


Step 3: Pin one heart to the tulle on the left strap.

Step 4:  The other pin is used to keep the tulle attached to the skirt.  I really like how the tulle is similar to the tutu fabric.


This was such an easy way to embellish a costume!  It looked great on stage and my student did wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...