Thursday, March 15, 2012

Tulle Heart Hair Bow Tutorial


My studio has competed twice now and we are doing great!  This weekend is our last competition and I have a couple more dances at this one.  I had fun embellishing one of the my girl's costume for her solo routine.  It was a solid silver costume, but I wanted a splash of red.  The song is called "Warm It Up With Love," so I thought that hearts would also be a cute addition!


Supplies Needed:
Two 7" strips of Red Tulle
Red Glitter Heart (this came from Michael's)

3 of 3/8 width Red Grosgrain Ribbon
2 3/4" long Metal Barrette

Needle and Red Thread
Hot Glue Gun

Directions:
Step 1: Prepare the barrette by removing the center piece of the metal barrette.

Step 2: Glue the strip of red grosgrain ribbon to the top of the barrette.

Step 3: Replace the center piece of the metal barrette.

Step 4: Make the tulle bow by layering the strips on top of each other.  Pinch at the center and sew this in place.  After sewing through the center, I wrapped the thread around three times to keep the shape secure.  Pull tightly and tie a knot on the back side of the bow.

Step 5: Glue the bow to the barrette at the center.
  

Step 6: Glue the heart at the center of the bow.


This was a super easy project that really added a finishing touch to the costume!  It would be very cute to wear next year for Valentine's Day as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...