Monday, April 30, 2012

Derby Fascinators

I have been working on my friends' hairpieces for this year's Kentucky Derby, well actually the Oaks.  We had some pretty easy additions that we wanted to add.

I bought my fascinator which is an off white color.  I was planning on wearing a coral dress so I added the coral spring feathers!


The same thing went with my friends; we added the navy spring flowers.  I also made the navy ribbon bow to go in the center and tie in the navy of her dress.


For my other friend, we simply turned a fascinator on a comb to a headband.


I also handmade this clip to match my friend's dress.  The tutorial can be found here!


I love how these turned out and this time of year is so much fun in Louisville!

5 comments:

  1. Sooo fun!! My girls would love making those!!

    I featured this post on my TT&J FB page :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've never been featured anywhere!
      This made my day!

      Delete
  2. So pretty!!! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=3188 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just adorable! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Fabulous : ) I've always wanted to go to a race just so I can wear something like this. I could care less about the racing, I just want the accessories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...